Tuesday, August 7, 2012
Wednesday, August 1, 2012
|30 until 30 with two wisdom teeth removed and an eye exam|
My birthday party invitations are in the process, but the theme is: Rocked the 20s, Rolling into the 30s.
Some people are depressed about entering a new decade. I am not one of those. In my 20s, I’ve lived in three different places and traveled to others that I never even dreamed. I lived through a major part of history. I’ve loved and I’ve lost. I’ve met the most interesting people along the way. And most importantly, I’m a hell of a lot better as a person now than I ever was when I entered my 20s. I can only hope to keep going up from here.
I took time today after my eye exam (which apparently I still have perfect vision) and spent with one of my dear friends. We walked around and happened to get some soup at the very first restaurant I went to upon my arrival in Egypt. It was nice reminiscing and more than anything, a good look at just how much things have changed since that time.
Someone once told me that your 20s are about experimenting, your 30s are about finding yourself and the 40s are for living. I most definitely plan on living it up.
Ladies particularly beware (please make sure to read “Females Beware of Ramadan”)
- A taxi stationed at the Grand Mall has reportedly been attacking females and during the day. One woman was on her way to Carrefour when the driver pulled over on the Autostrad and attempted to rape her (instead he ended up beating her badly).
- Mugging on Road 82. Females, please carry your purse on the opposite side of traffic and walk with pepper spray or a weapon in your hand at all times, particularly iftar. More attacks happen at iftar because no one is on the street to help you.
- Attempted carjacking on Road 233 also during daytime involving three suspects: one was shot, one captured and one got away.
- Medan Victoria near Ace Club: one woman driving during daylight and a motorcycle pulled to the driver’s side hitting her car. While she was dealing with this, his accomplice opened her passenger door and took her purse. Lock your doors even for the shortest distance.
- Road 250 near CSA: woman had her bag snatched and there have been reports of other things happening near that area such has harassment.
If you have any questions or are looking for things to do during this time, please make sure you read some of my previous Ramadan posts:
|Although taken with my crap Chinese phone, you get the point...|