Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Letters from Egypt: 30 until 30


30 until 30 with two wisdom teeth removed and an eye exam
In just 30 days, I’ll mark a milestone. I will join the estimated 100 million people worldwide that have already or will turn 30-years old. And I decided to do a countdown to the big day.

My birthday party invitations are in the process, but the theme is: Rocked the 20s, Rolling into the 30s


Some people are depressed about entering a new decade. I am not one of those. In my 20s, I’ve lived in three different places and traveled to others that I never even dreamed. I lived through a major part of history. I’ve loved and I’ve lost. I’ve met the most interesting people along the way. And most importantly, I’m a hell of a lot better as a person now than I ever was when I entered my 20s. I can only hope to keep going up from here. 

I took time today after my eye exam (which apparently I still have perfect vision) and spent with one of my dear friends. We walked around and happened to get some soup at the very first restaurant I went to upon my arrival in Egypt. It was nice reminiscing and more than anything, a good look at just how much things have changed since that time.

Someone once told me that your 20s are about experimenting, your 30s are about finding yourself and the 40s are for living. I most definitely plan on living it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment