Friday, August 30, 2013

Letters from Egypt: Burn Egypt Day


This picture was from the presidential elections when the MB claimed that they would set fire to Egypt if Morsi wasn't declared winner; some things never change

Confession: You can call it temporary evacuation, but either way I’m enjoying things outside of Egypt at the moment. And in saying that, I wanted to give a brief update on things still happening.

Today has been dubbed “Burn Egypt Day”. I’m so tired of every Friday having a name. Hey Egypt, can we shake things up a little and go for a Tuesday or something? I probably shouldn’t say that because this will just give them a reason to miss yet another day of work. What I will say, and I could be completely wrong, is that if the past is any indicator – the most destructive days in Egypt were not those that were named beforehand.

No comments:

Post a Comment